西班牙加泰罗尼亚人独立公投:接下来会发生什么?| BBC新闻



加泰罗尼亚独立运动已经在西班牙加泰罗尼亚地区持续了300年,在10月1日举行的一场存在严重争议的全民公投中,加泰罗尼亚民众高票支持独立。那场公投遭到了西班牙警方的冲击,投票率约为40%。西班牙政府坚持认为,这场公投是非法的。

10月8日,有数十万人涌上西班牙加泰罗尼亚地区首府巴塞罗那街头,反对加泰罗尼亚脱离西班牙独立,这是西班牙数十年来发生的最为严重的政治危机。


    BBC English

    Catalan vote: What will happen next?

    This is crystal ball territory, you know, the million dollar question.
    这是一片如水晶球般珍贵的领土,你懂的,关乎到百万美元的问题。
    It’s a possibility.
    (加泰罗尼亚独自宣布独立)是有可能的。
    The Catalan regional government has been threatening that it could actually go ahead with this declaration of independence within days without the permission of the Spanish central government.
    加泰罗尼亚地方政府已经威胁说在不需要西班牙中央政府同意的情况下,他们可以在几天内独自宣布独立。
    But it would be a risky strategy.
    但是这是一个有风险的战略。
    We’d be going into really, really uncharted territory.
    我们将会出现“黑户”领土的状况。
    The Spanish government have big cards in their pocket,ultimately the police which they’ve deployed in huge numbers to this region before and during the polland of course the Spanish army.
    西班牙政府手中有很多王牌,最后他们还可以借助警察,在加泰罗尼亚独立公投前和公投时,西班牙政府都部署了大量警察在这个地区,当然他们还可以依靠西班牙军队。
    We’re not there yet.
    我们还没有达到那个地步。
    But they can really start moving to take the powers away from the regional government.
    但是西政府真的可以开始行动来收回加泰罗比亚地方政府的权力。
    155, it’s a number.
    155,是一个数字。
    It’s an article of the Spanish constitution which meansactually the Spanish government can say ‘we’re taking over essentially the regional government’.
    这个数字代表的是西班牙宪法的一章,里面有说明,事实上,西班牙政府可以说“我们将直接接管加泰罗尼亚地方政府”。
    That’s a possibility.
    这是一种可能性。
    The European Union, I have to say, is not even sitting on the fence really,it’s coming down with the Spanish government.
    欧盟的立场,我不得不说,他们甚至都说不上要摆出中立的态度,他们认为这取决于西班牙政府的态度。
    Why?
    为什么这么说?
    Well because, you know, generally speaking, except in extreme cases, the European Union doesn’t like toget involved with what it considers to be the internal affairs of a member state.
    因为,基本上来说,除非是极端个例,欧盟不想介入他们认为属于成员国内部事务的问题。
    The European Union essentially says ‘look, what happens in Catalonia is Spain’s problem.
    从本质上来说,欧盟的态度是“你们看是这样的,发生在加泰罗尼亚的问题是西班牙自己的问题。
    We’re not going to tell Spain what to do’.
    我们不会教西班牙他们要怎么做”。
    But there is a caveat.
    但是确实也有警告的声音。
    We have heard slightly different language from the European Union coming out of the European Commissionwhich does say ‘violence isn’t the solution’.
    我们从欧盟的欧盟委员会那里听到了些许不同的声音,他们确实说过“暴力不是解决问题的方法”。
    And that’s as close as you’re going to get I think to the European Union criticizing the Spanish state.
    我想这种说法近乎于让人们联想到欧盟是在批评西班牙政府。


    ***

    “低头族”们注意!东莞21岁女子因长时间玩手机致右眼失明!| 英语头条

    嘿!不要吃女王的天鹅呀!| BBC新闻

    Have a go | BBC地道英语


    【END】


    找猪tt聊天

     新浪微博:歪瓜裂枣脯

    商务合作  Q:514935015(注明来意哦)

    (BBC还上新更多英语小程序,小伙伴们,赶紧去点菜单栏)


    下一篇 :

    微信扫一扫
    分享文章到朋友圈